Based upon the correct selection of the fan, bulk powders and other materials can be conveyed through the fan. High velocity air can carry flour, sawdust, grain and a variety of other materials very efficiently, while cooling and aerating it. The density of the material to be conveyed will determine the fan characteristics but the abrasive or even explosive nature of the materials to be conveyed will require careful selection of the fan construction materials to ensure resistance to abrasion. Explosion-proof construction may be necessary for materials such as wood dust and flour.
Relevant construction materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Coated Carbon Steel
Common fan features
- Impeller inspection hatches.
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers.
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers.
- Safety guards and electrical isolators.
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers.
- ATEX in-house testing and certification.
Applications involving extreme temperatures, down to -50oC and as high as 850oC, or dealing with explosive, poisonous or corrosive gases, mandate the use of exotic materials such as Hastelloy or Titanium, to ensure long-term reliability and safety. Many of the special features incorporated into our fans have been designed to meet our customer’s special needs and the following list gives a taste of Halifax Fan’s wide experience. That experience is there to meet the challenge presented by your fan application.