Grain drying today is frequently carried out on an industrial scale, not just to reduce the moisture from raw grain prior to storage, but also in malting process for the brewing industry and the drying of spent grain for animal and pet-foods. It usually involves high volumes of clean, warm air being passed through the product in rotary drum or gravity feed systems and while not a demanding application, efficiency is an important consideration.
Relevant construction materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Coated Carbon steel
Common fan features
- Impeller inspection hatches.
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers.
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers.
- Safety guards and electrical isolators.
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
Applications involving extreme temperatures, down to -50oC and as high as 850oC, or dealing with explosive, poisonous or corrosive gases, mandate the use of exotic materials such as Hastelloy or Titanium, to ensure long-term reliability and safety. Many of the special features incorporated into our fans have been designed to meet our customer’s special needs and the following list gives a taste of Halifax Fan’s wide experience. That experience is there to meet the challenge presented by your fan application.